Turning over a new leaf (or page.)

I've decided that I love reading actual books so much more than my computer screen. My head starts to hurt after awhile of looking at that screen, but reading printed words on an actual paper page, no that's relaxing. Don't get me wrong, I love my computer. I take it everywhere with me. To McDonald's while the kids make friends in the "PlayPlace". It goes with me on every vacation. And most nights, it's sitting next to my bed on the nightstand. Kind of sad, but hey, it's the 21st century. Right?!

So, with my trusty trusty "Casper" computer downloading updates tonight, I finally settled down in a nice warm bath with a book. It was quite relaxing. I'm kind of a nerd, I always love to be learning and growing my knowledge. And so, I found a great book at B&N the other day that made me realize I've been worrying too much about blogging. I came across this book called "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.



I realized that I've been so worried about putting the right stuff and trying to have a creative blog that I end up not posting anything or only tutorials. Tutorials are great resource for you, but isn't blogging about expressing our ideas and feelings. It's supposed to be a way to release. Many nights I have trouble sleeping because I have so many ideas and thoughts crowding my poor little brain that I can't settle down. I need an outlet! So sorry to those who aren't interested in these kind of posts. Go ahead to the next blog you're following. I'll always be here, so I'd love to have you stop by again. I've decided that I've been trying to hard to impress (which really hasn't been working anyway) and not blogging for me.

I originally started this blog to express my joys, frustrations and expressions when I had 3 kids under 3. Once I started designing for Silhouette, it totally consumed me and my blog. I enjoy what I'm able to do and my contribution to Silhouette, but it's not all of who I am. It's time to get back to me as a whole. I'm a mother of 4 wonderful children and blessed to have them a part of my life. I'm wife to an amazing, fun man who tries to make me laugh even when I'm grumpy and tired. I'm a housewife that can't for the life of me, figure out how to keep the laundry from piling up, the kitchen floor from gathering crumbs and don't even bother to ask me about dusting. That's the last thing on my mind. I'm a designer that loves to make things that others might enjoy.  I'm an artist that loves modern and abstract.

In this crazy, hectic world of being a grownup, it's so easy to lose who I am. It feels good to put thoughts onto "paper" and remember the real me. My head already feels looser! Amazing how good it feels to write. I think I may be blogging more often in the future. I really want to share my story of our experience with Brooke's accident. That's one story that if put down in writing, I think would really help to clear my head. But it's late and I need my beauty rest! So a story for another night.

2 comments:

  1. ::hugs:: I for one am here, and looking forward to reading what you have to share! I love your Silhouette designs, but I'd love to get to know you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read anything you post. The more you post the more I will read,
    Laundry, I taught my boys to do their own laundry
    when they where like 7-8 years old....lol
    When I had a pile of laundry on the couch I would gather the kids put a movie in and we all would fold laundry and watch a movie...lol
    I hope you have a wonderful day, and cheer up and write, we are here to listen and give advise and comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails